Monday, January 28, 2008

Vegas Baby!!!!






On January 17th Josh and I headed to Vegas with our good friends Kevin and Nicole. Josh and I had signed up for one of those timeshare talks to get a free room, show tickets, and $200 in slot credits. Plus, we hadn't left the kids over night since before Bray was born. Anyway, it was a well overdue trip.

The night before we left (Wednesday) Brayden puked all night long. My parents said go, we have taken care of sick kids before....so we went. Our flight was great, we got in safe.

The first night we went to the Lance Burton Magic show, it was absolutely amazing. Josh and I are not magic fans; but Kev and Nicole got us tickets, so we went. And, WOW, I still can't believe it. We then just watched K & N play the tables...blackjack (we aren't big gamblers). Kevin taught us how to play and at first we did great, then we lost it all. And then walked the strip.

The second day we had our "timeshare" talk....it took FOREVER!!! Anyway we politely said NO, and were on our way. We had tickets to a show this night too, but I started to feel sick to my stomach. And then Mackenzie called (she had the boys this night), and Deagan was sick. Since she is prego, I called my parents and they took the boys for another night. By that time we were way down the strip from our hotel, The Monte Carlo (which caught on fire this week), and I was so nauseated I took the bus back to the hotel, and got sick that entire night. Josh, Kev and Nicole went to the show; and I was in bed.

The next day I rallied around 300pm. We hit the strip, gambled more money away, and went to the Wayne Brady comedy show that night. It was hilarious; he made fun of Josh because he was wearing shorts. We laughed the entire hour and a half.

We had a great time, even though I was sick. The boys were fine, and Josh didn't get sick until this past Saturday. Anyway, here are some pics. We didn't take too many, but enjoy!

1 comments:

Elisa Street said...

Hey Jenni! Too bad you got sick. It still sounds like you managed to enjoy your getaway! I can't believe how much Deagan looks like Brett, or at least from what I remember from when we were younger! Very cute!
stay in touch. love, elisa